The Making of The Georgia Health Information Network
See how The Georgia Health Information Network got its start and how the electronic exchange of medical information makes health outcomes better when providers have the right information at the right time.
Watch the video to see how Care is Better When We’re Connected.
GEORGIA’S NETWORK OF NETWORKS MODEL
The Georgia Health Information Network (GaHIN) is a Network of Networks model, connecting thousands of healthcare organizations and hundreds of thousands of clinicians and patients.
This network strategy offers several advantages:
- Leverages current health IT assets for healthcare organizations and offers a way to make a set of services available to benefit the Georgia healthcare ecosystem.
- Keeps operations manageable and costs low.
- Supports the Georgia Health Information Network and stakeholder sustainability models.
- The statewide network supports regional Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) and other qualified entities—it does not compete with them.
- Allows the State to provide guidance on complex issues and leverage federal funding to strengthen and advance the GaHIN.